What you will learn
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Design, deliver and evaluate adult learning and teaching reflecting various vocational instructional approaches.
- Create and manage a positive and engaging vocational learning environment that promotes respect for the diversity of learners.
- Act in an ethical and professional manner when working in an adult vocational education setting.
- Integrate critical reflection and self-regulated learning into personal and instructional practices
- Demonstrate and promote critical thinking skills as a professional.
What to expect
Instructional strategies may include interactive lecture, presentations, assignments, guest speakers, discussions, group work, field trips, case studies.
Courses may be offered in online, face-to-face, and blended formats.
English language proficiency at an English 11 level
- Applicants will be required to have:
- Trade certification and be currently teaching or preparing to teach in a vocational setting, or
- Receive departmental approval
- This program is available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. See program options for international students at VCC International.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and educational documents as required by their course or program.
Students should have:
- a willingness to participate in a wide variety of instructional strategies, both face-to-face and online
- the ability to work independently and with others
|TRAI 3001||Industry Training Authority Fundamentals||1|
|TRAI 3002||Trades Specific Facilitating Learning||2|
|TRAI 3003||Assessment and Evaluation of Vocational Training||2|
|TRAI 3004||Trades Specific Student Engagement Techniques||2|
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
Fees and other costs*
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
0 - 1
0 - 2
0 - 3
0 - 4
|Materials||0||not including textbooks|
|Medical & Dental||0|
|Program-specific extra fees||0|
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable. Tuition fees include a $300 non-refundable deposit.
Fees listed are for domestic students. For international programs, visit VCC International.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.