What you will learn
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Design, deliver and evaluate adult learning and teaching reflecting various vocational instructional approaches.
- Create and manage a positive and engaging vocational learning environment that promotes respect for the diversity of learners.
- Act in an ethical and professional manner when working in an adult vocational education setting.
- Integrate critical reflection and self-regulated learning into personal and instructional practices
- Demonstrate and promote critical thinking skills as a professional.
What to expect
Instructional strategies may include interactive lecture, presentations, assignments, guest speakers, discussions, group work, field trips, case studies.
Courses may be offered in online, face-to-face, and blended formats.
English 11 or Communications 12 with a C-, or equivalent.
Applicants will be required to have a trade certification and be currently teaching or preparing to teach in a vocational setting, or receive departmental approval.
- This program is available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. See program options for international students at VCC International.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and educational documents as required by their course or program.
Students should have:
- a willingness to participate in a wide variety of instructional strategies, both face-to-face and online
- the ability to work independently and with others
|TRAI 3001||Industry Training Authority Fundamentals||1|
|TRAI 3002||Trades Specific Facilitating Learning||2|
|TRAI 3003||Assessment and Evaluation of Vocational Training||2|
|TRAI 3004||Trades Specific Student Engagement Techniques||2|
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable. Tuition fees include a $300 non-refundable deposit.
Fees listed are for domestic students. For international programs, visit VCC International.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.
VCC Registrar's Office
1155 East Broadway
Vancouver, B.C., V5T 4V5