Accessibility Assessor Training (HLTH 1115)
The Rick Hansen Foundation Accessibility Certification (RHFAC) program helps improve the accessibility of the built environment. RHFAC is a comprehensive rating system that measures the accessibility of buildings and sites and promotes increased access through the adoption of Universal Design principles. This program is the only one in Canada using a rating system to identify and certify accessible built environments based on a consistent methodology.
The RHFAC Accessibility Assessor training combines theory and hands-on practice to train individuals who are planning, designing, and constructing the built environment to understand accessibility from the perspective of people with disabilities, and measure the accessibility of their venues. Participants learn how to deliver consistent, professional site evaluations that determine the level of access for people with disabilities.
The successful completion of this course is the first step towards gaining the knowledge and skills required to deliver RHFAC ratings. In order to successfully acquire RHFAC Professional designation, you must:
1. Pass the course. This requires 80% classroom attendance and successful completion of the course assignment (case study)
2. Pass the RHFAC Professional Exam developed by RHF and facilitated by CSA Group. Note that this exam is not administered as part of this course.
For more information, visit www.rickhansen.com/rhfac
* Note: The CRNs listed below could be restricted to specific program areas.
To register for this course, check the information for your program:
* All course/program information including course/program content, length, prerequisites, start/end dates, postponements and/or cancellation is subject to change without notice.
* Published fees for Continuing Studies programs and courses include GST (if applicable) as well as a College Initiative Fee, which varies depending on the individual course. Student Union Fees
will be assessed at time of registration. Please note: fees displayed on the web do not include Student Union Fees.
* Refund Policy
and Refund Procedure