What you will learn
- Use, operate and care for Samsung appliances including but not limited to: refrigerators (2 door bottom mount, 2 door side by side, 3 door French, 4 door French, and 4 door), Washers (top load and front load), dryer, dishwasher (basic model and water wall), stoves (free standing, slide in induction, and radiant element stove), and counter top microwaves
- Safely use testing meters to measure and calculate amperage, voltage and resistance in order to assist in proper diagnostic operation.
- Explain, differentiate, and test a variety of motors, compressors, pumps, and solenoid used in Samsung appliances
- Safely troubleshoot circuits for home electricity and appliance applications
- Read and follow wiring diagrams, temperature charts, and sensor documentation in order to troubleshoot Samsung domestic appliances
- Troubleshoot pre-error appliances
- Execute diagnostic procedures on domestic appliances in accordance with health and safety standards
- Operate all cycles of the 6 major domestic appliances
- Program all diagnostic self-tests for the 6 major domestic appliances
- Fully disassemble all 6 major domestic appliances
- Fully reassemble all 6 major domestic appliances
- Assure full functionality after reassembly of all 6 major domestic appliances
- Diagnose and troubleshoot error codes and issues for all 6 major domestic appliances
What to expect
- This program is available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. See program options for international students at VCC International.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and educational documents as required by their course or program.
2 courses (120 hours of instruction) over 10-12 weeks.
|SAMS 0203||Measurement and Instrumentation in Samsung Service|
|SAMS 0223||Samsung Systems and Controls|
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable. Tuition fees include a $300 non-refundable deposit.
Fees listed are for domestic students. For international programs, visit VCC International.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.
VCC Registrar's Office
1155 East Broadway
Vancouver, B.C., V5T 4V5