What you will learn
- Business English including grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Composition of business documents including letters, emails, and reports
- Supervisory management principles
- Decision making principles
- Technological skills including keyboarding
- Creation, classification, storage, retrieval, and disposal of information
- Freedom of information and privacy
- Micrographics, reprographics, optical disk technology
- Forms management, disaster recovery
- Basic accounting, payroll, or bookkeeping
- Presentation skills
- Organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills
What to expect
- Lectures, presentations, discussions, practical examples
- Individual and group work
- Interactive and collaborative classroom activities
- Case studies
- Assignments, projects, presentations
- Quizzes and tests
Vancouver Community College is a post-secondary institution committed to educating adult learners. Applicants should be 18 years of age or older and a graduate of a secondary school or equivalent.
- This program is available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. Program options for international students can be found at VCC International.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and educational documents as required by their course or program.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
This program must be completed within three years.
|OACP 1102||Keyboarding for Beginners||1.5|
|OACP 1103||Writing Business Letters||0.5|
|OACP 1104||Grammar Review Bus Writing||0.5|
|OACP 1106||Building Powerful Vocabulary||0.5|
|OACP 1107||Memos, Emails, and Reports||0.5|
|OACP 1123||Business English Skills Test||0|
|OACP 1126||Office Procedures||1.5|
|OACP 1127||Supervis/Mgmt DecisionMaking||2|
|OACP 1128||Records Management 1||2.5|
|OACP 1146||Records Management Adv Topics||2.5|
|OACP 1147||Records Management Specialized||2|
|Select one of the following:||1.5-2.0|
|Introduction To Payroll|
|Accounting For NonAccountant|
|Introduction To Bookkeeping|
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
Fees and other costs*
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
0 - 1
0 - 2
0 - 3
0 - 4
|Materials||0||not including textbooks|
|Medical & Dental||0|
|Program-specific extra fees||0|
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable.
Fees listed are for domestic students. For international programs, visit VCC International.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.
† British Columbia Labour Market Outlook: 2018 Edition