What you will learn
By the conclusion of this certificate program, students will be able to:
- build on their professional background and expertise as educators, instructors, or trainers to become highly effective online instructors
- gain the knowledge and skills to design, develop, and deliver online/eLearning instruction
- combine research-based best practice concepts, relevant learning theories, and authentic assessment activities to formulate their own personalized approach to online instruction
- maximize their potential as online instructors by being challenged to create high quality and highly interactive online learning communities
What to expect
The program is designed to combine theory and practice within a multi-dimensional, constructivist, project-based learning experience. Real-life learning situations have been created in which participants demonstrate online instructor competencies by means of authentic assessment tasks.
Please submit the following with the completed Application Form.
A non-refundable $35 application fee
Completion of an instructor education program such as the Provincial Instructor Diploma Program is recommended. Minimum formal preparation and skills include:
PIDP 3210 Curriculum Development (or equivalent course in curriculum development)
PIDP 3240 Media Enhanced Learning (or equivalent)
Documentation confirming teaching role or involvement with instruction
- This program is available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. See program options for international students at VCC International.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and educational documents as required by their course or program.
This Certificate is designed for educators and trainers who plan to enter the world of eLearning and:
- are eager to implement online instruction
- are highly motivated to learn eLearning tools and techniques
- enjoy dynamic project-based learning activities that are relevant to delivering successful online courses
- have some understanding of online education but lack practical implementation skills
Students can complete each course in 3 weeks up to a maximum of 3 months.
|EDUC 4150||Online/eLearning: Principles and Processes||3|
|EDUC 4151||Design and Develop Interactive eLearning||3|
|EDUC 4152||Delivery of eLearning||3|
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
Fees and other costs*
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
0 - 1
0 - 2
0 - 3
0 - 4
|Materials||0||not including textbooks|
|Medical & Dental||0|
|Program specific extra fees||0|
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable. Tuition fees include a $300 non-refundable deposit.
Fees listed are for domestic students. For international programs, visit VCC International.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.