What you will learn
Upon completion of the program, the student will be able to:
Understand and design wired and wireless network infrastructures, including Local Area Networks
Define, isolate, analyze, resolve, and document problems in a Windows environment
Install, maintain, and monitor Windows Server systems
Understand and design Internet services, such as web servers and file transfer
Provide client support and communicate troubleshooting findings
Lead, manage, and direct small to medium-scale IT projects
Understand and develop basic security measures including defence in depth, authentication, authorization and access control
Develop hands on skills with Microsoft operating systems and applications
Understand the importance of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol
Install, configure and maintain Active Directory Domain Services
What to expect
The majority of class time is devoted to practical hands-on training with hardware and software applications. The remaining class time is spent on theory which is presented by means of lectures and demonstrations. Students will work individually and in groups. Written, spoken, and computer generated production will be required of all students. Punctuality and attendance is mandatory.
VCC welcomes applications from Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
As Vancouver Community College is a post-secondary institution committed to educating adult learners, applicants should be 18 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school.
- This program is available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. Program options for international students can be found at VCC International.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and educational documents as required by their course or program.
This program is suited for students who wish to further their technical skills in the area of computer networking and who have a strong aptitude for computers and networking.
This program can be completed in one to two years.
Students may take 1-4 courses per term. Some courses are available only once per year.
|NETT 2113||MTA Windows Server 2016 Fundamentals||2|
|NETT 2122||Project+ Management||2|
|NETT 2206||Directive Studies||4|
|Students in the Certificate program may select any three of the following courses as electives.||6|
This guide is intended as a general guideline only. The college reserves the right to make changes as appropriate.
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
Fees and other costs*
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
0 - 1
0 - 2
0 - 3
0 - 4
|Materials||0||not including textbooks|
|Medical & Dental||0|
|Program specific extra fees||0|
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable.
Fees listed are for domestic students. For international programs, visit VCC International.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.