What you will learn
- Business English including grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Composition of business documents including letters, emails, and reports
- Supervisory management principles
- Decision making principles
- Technological skills including keyboarding
- Medical terminology and document transcription
- Medical office billing and other procedures
- Basic accounting, payroll, or bookkeeping
- Presentation skills
- Organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills
What to expect
- Lectures, presentations, discussions, practical examples
- Individual and group work
- Interactive and collaborative classroom activities
- Case studies
- Assignments, projects, presentations
- Quizzes, tests
Vancouver Community College is a post-secondary institution committed to educating adult learners. Applicants should be 18 years of age or older and a graduate of a secondary school or equivalent.
- This program is available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. Program options for international students can be found at VCC International.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and educational documents as required by their course or program.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
This program can be completed in one to three years.
This program must be completed within three years.
|OACP 1102||Keyboarding for Beginners||1.5|
|OACP 1103||Writing Business Letters||0.5|
|OACP 1104||Grammar Review Bus Writing||0.5|
|OACP 1106||Building Powerful Vocabulary||0.5|
|OACP 1107||Memos, Emails, and Reports||0.5|
|OACP 1108||Medical Terminology 1||2.5|
|OACP 1109||Medical Terminology 2||2.5|
|OACP 1111||Medical Office Procedures||2|
|OACP 1123||Business English Skills Test||0|
|OACP 1127||Supervis/Mgmt DecisionMaking||2|
|OACP 1137||Medical Office Billing||1|
|OACP 1155||Clinical Procedures||0.5|
|OACP 1156||Medical Document Transcription||1.5|
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
Fees and other costs*
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
0 - 1
0 - 2
0 - 3
0 - 4
|Materials||0||not including textbooks|
|Medical & Dental||0|
|Program-specific extra fees||0|
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable.
Fees listed are for domestic students. For international programs, visit VCC International.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.
† 2018 Job Bank wage data