What you will learn
- Fashion calendar
- Fashion capitals and designers
- Product development methods and strategies
- Visual presentation methods
- Merchandising plans for online and brick-and-mortar
- Historical and contemporary impacts on fashion
- Target markets and consumer behaviour
- Online, social media, and traditional marketing
- Fibre sources, collection, manufacturing, and properties
- Fabric structures, production, aesthetic, and performance
- Sales projections and inventory
- Budgeting and logistics
- Merchandise assortment selection
- Fashion trend identification
- Professional branding and promotions
- Business communications
- Vision and mood boards
- Personal ethics
What to expect
- Theory examinations
- Practical, hands-on assignments
- Lectures and seminars
- Videos and demonstrations
- Computer work
- Independent learning
- Student presentations
- Individual and group projects
- Research assignments
English 12 with a passing grade, or equivalent
- This program is available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. Program options for international students can be found at VCC International.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and educational documents as required by their course or program.
Imagination and creative talent
A good sense of colour and aesthetics
An identifiable personal style
Excellent time management and organizational skills
Good communication skills both written and verbal
Good computer skills and working knowledge of social media
The ability to work well with a wide variety of people
The ability to synthesize information and develop innovative ideas
This program must be completed within three years.
|FASH 1176||Merchandising Fashion||2.5|
|FASH 1408||Fashion Styling||2.5|
|FASH 1405||Fashion Marketing & Promotion||2.5|
|FASH 1401||Fashion Retail Management||2.5|
|FASH 1402||Fashion Buying||2.5|
|FASH 1204||Fashion Forecasting||2.5|
|FASH 1301||History of Fashion||2.5|
This guide is intended as a general guideline only. The college reserves the right to make changes as appropriate.
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
Fees and other costs*
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
0 - 1
0 - 2
0 - 3
0 - 4
|Materials||65||not including textbooks|
|Medical & Dental||0|
|Program specific extra fees||0|
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable.
Fees listed are for domestic students. For international programs, visit VCC International.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.