What you will learn
- Clear, professional writing skills
- Technical documentation standards
- Effective information design
- Writing and design for manual and online environments
- Substantive, copy, and proof editing
- Document project management
- Proposals and technical reports
What to expect
- Practical exercises
- Portfolio assignments
This certificate is designed to be flexible in meeting the needs of students with a variety of educational backgrounds. The program is targeted towards adults with some writing skills who have completed Grade 12 or equivalent.
- This program is available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. Program options for international students can be found at VCC International.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and educational documents as required by their course or program.
Courses are applicable to adults in diverse fields, including science, health, technology, engineering, education, and business.
Recommended characteristics include the following:
- General education through prior formal learning and work experience
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work well in a structured environment
- Ability to work with confidence independently or on a team
- Ability to reflect on their own practice
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude
- High performance standards
This program can be completed in one to three years.
|TECW 1101||Technical Communication||0.5|
|TECW 1102||Current Issues in Technical Writing||0.5|
|TECW 1104||Document Project Management||0.5|
|TECW 1105||Proposal Writing||0.5|
|TECW 1106||Online Documentation||0.5|
|TECW 1107||Designing and Writing Manuals||0.5|
|TECW 1108||Industry Report Writing||0.5|
|TECW 1110||Information Design and Human Factors||0.5|
This guide is intended as a general guideline only. The college reserves the right to make changes as appropriate.
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
Fees and other costs*
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
0 - 1
0 - 2
0 - 3
0 - 4
|Materials||0||not including textbooks|
|Medical & Dental||0|
|Program specific extra fees||0|
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable.
Fees listed are for domestic students. For international programs, visit VCC International.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.
† 2018 Job Bank wage data