What you will learn
- Correct keyboarding technique
- Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Professional phone etiquette
- Office equipment
- Preparation of business documents
- Writing plans and effective, strategic communication
- Respectful and ethical workplace behaviour
- Recruitment documents and job interview procedures
- Social media for business
- Meeting minutes, transcription, dictation
- Office finances and computerized accounting
- Time-management and project-management skills
- Problem solving
- Conflict resolution and delivering feedback
What to expect
- Classroom lectures
- Videos and demonstrations
- Guest speakers
- Practical computer training
- Writing and communication practice
- Use of financial mathematics
- Individual and group work
- Assignments and tests
- Practical examinations
Grade 12 graduation or equivalent
English 12 with a minimum 'C-' grade, or Communications 12 with a minimum 'B' grade, or English Language Proficiency at English 12 with a pass
- This program is available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. See program options for international students at VCC International.
- Applicants who self-identify as Indigenous are strongly encouraged to connect with VCC’s Indigenous Education and Community Engagement team to learn more about VCC’s Indigenous Enrolment policy, application preparation/completion, program advising, and a range of other individualized services.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and other documents as required by their course or program. Seats are offered to eligible applicants with completed applications, in order of application completion date (except for programs with competitive admissions). A complete application includes an application form, evidence of educational pre-requisites (e.g. transcripts), any required supporting documents (e.g. language proficiency, audition video), and the required deposit or fee payment. If you do not meet the requirements for the term applied, your application may be cancelled.
- Able to sit for extended periods and work on computers.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Interest in office administration work.
|OADM 1104||Word 1||2.5|
|OADM 1201||Word 2||2.5|
|OADM 1102||Keyboarding 1||3|
|OADM 1105||Business Writing 1||2.5|
|OADM 1108||Business Writing 2||2.5|
|OADM 1107||Office Skills 1||2.5|
|OADM 1202||Keyboarding 2||2.5|
|OADM 1203||Business Writing 3||2.5|
|OADM 1204||Office Finance||2.5|
|OADM 1205||Social Media and Technology||1.5|
|OADM 1208||Office Skills 2||2|
|OADM 1109||Job Search||2.5|
|OADM 1206||Practicum Preparation||1|
|OADM 1209||Admin Professional Practicum||3|
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
Fees and other costs*
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
0 - 1
0 - 2
0 - 3
0 - 4
|Materials||0||not including textbooks|
|Medical & Dental||275|
|Program-specific extra fees||1140|
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable. Tuition fees include a $300 non-refundable deposit.
Fees listed are for domestic students. For international programs, visit VCC International.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.