What you will learn
Upon successful completion of the Administrative Professional 2 Certificate, students will be able to:
- Keyboard at a minimum speed of 40 gwpm on a five-minute test with a maximum of five errors
- Use advanced features of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Integrate Microsoft Office applications
- Use social media for business purposes
- Take effective minutes at meetings
- Transcribe audio recorded dictated material
- Describe how office finances are handled, including by computerized accounting
- Utilize writing plans to communicate effectively when writing routine or persuasive documents or negative news documents
- Demonstrate time-management and project-management skills
- Practice problem-solving strategies, conflict resolution techniques, and feedback delivery
What to expect
The courses use lectures and readings to explain material and use assignments to put this information into practice. Where appropriate, theory may also be presented through videos, demonstrations, and guest lectures
The majority of class time is devoted to training in practical computer skills, building business communications skills--both written and interpersonal, and in introducing students to handle office finances.
The students are required to work both in groups and individually.
- Completion of the Administrative Professional 1 Certificate or equivalent
- Grade 12 graduation or equivalent
- English 12 with a minimum 'C-' grade or Communications 12 with a minimum 'B' grade or equivalent
- A tested keyboarding speed of 30 gross words per minute (gwpm) on a five-minute test with a maximum of five errors using correct touch-typing technique
- One year's office experience using MS Word and Excel or equivalent
- This program is available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. See program options for international students at VCC International.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and educational documents as required by their course or program.
Students need to be able to sit for extended periods and work on computers.
|OADM 1201||Word 2||2.5|
|OADM 1202||Keyboarding 2||2.5|
|OADM 1203||Business Writing 3||2.5|
|OADM 1204||Office Finance||2.5|
|OADM 1205||Social Media and Technology||1.5|
|OADM 1208||Office Skills 2||2|
|OADM 1206||Practicum Preparation||1|
|OADM 1209||Admin Professional Practicum||3|
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
Fees and other costs*
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
0 - 1
0 - 2
0 - 3
0 - 4
|Materials||0||not including textbooks|
|Medical & Dental||0|
|Program specific extra fees||0|
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable. Tuition fees include a $300 non-refundable deposit.
Fees listed are for domestic students. For international programs, visit VCC International.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.
VCC Registrar's Office
1155 East Broadway
Vancouver, B.C., V5T 4V5