New on-campus safety measures in effect November 10thPosted on November 9, 2020
A message from the VCC Emergency Operations Centre (EOC)
VCC is adding new safety procedures regarding coming onto VCC campuses, in response to orders from the Provincial Health Officer (PHO) that were announced on Sat. Nov. 7.
- Security guards will be stationed at the main entrances of all VCC campuses to bring attention to COVID-19 screening questions and the college’s on-campus health expectations. Please use the following entrances only:
- Broadway campus, Broadway entrance, and E. 7th entrance
- Downtown Campus, Dunsmuir and Hamilton street entrance
- Annacis Island, main entrance
- Non-medical masks should be worn in all common areas of the college and students must continue to abide by additional PPE requirements, specific to your class. It is also important to remember that some people may have barriers that prevent them from wearing a mask.
These new safety changes are in addition to the existing measures. As a reminder, these safety measures include:
- Fill out the pre-screening form before coming onto the campus.
- Wash or sanitize your hands upon entering the campus and regularly throughout the day.
- Limit your time on campus.
- Maintain a two-metre distance from others.
- Respect all signs posted.
- Adhere to all capacity requirements of rooms, space (e.g. elevators, lunchrooms).
- Avoid touching surfaces whenever possible.
- Use proper respiratory hygiene practices (e.g. cough or sneeze into your elbow).
Masks and face coverings do not replace physical distancing, hand washing, and staying at home if you are sick as the most effective ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
For a list of the recent orders for Vancouver Coastal Health and Fraser Valley Health areas, visit: