Health and safety measures for Fall 2021


The Registrar's Office, including the Financial Aid and Student Accounts Office, will be closed to the public on Thursday, Dec. 9, 2021 at 1:30 p.m. and will reopen on Friday, Dec. 10 at 8:30 a.m.

Admissions, Registration and Records

On this page, you will find answers to frequently asked questions about:

  • Applying to a program
  • Admissions requirements
  • Transcript requests
  • Withdrawals and refunds
  • Registrar's Office hours and locations

You may also want to view:


  • Program requirements: Please ensure you have reviewed the program-specific requirements available on your program page.
  • Age requirements: Applicants must be 16 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
  • Transcripts and documents requirements: Applicants must submit official transcripts and other documents as required by their course or program. Seats are offered to eligible applicants with completed applications, in order of application completion date (except for researved seats and programs with competitive admissions). If you do not meet the requirements for the term applied, your application may be cancelled.
    A complete application includes:
    • an application form
    • evidence of educational pre-requisites (e.g. transcripts)
    • any required supporting documents (e.g. language proficiency, audition video)
    • the required deposit or fee payment.
  • Information for Indigenous applicants: Applicants who self-identify as Indigenous are strongly encouraged to connect with VCC’s Indigenous Education and Community Engagement team to learn more about VCC’s Indigenous Enrolment policy, application preparation/completion, program advising, and a range of other individualized services.
  • Information for international applicants: Program options for international students are available at VCC International.

Advanced Placement (AP)
Grade Conversion Scale and Course Equivalents

 High school course equivalents

AP Courses

British Columbia Courses

English (Language and Composition)

English 12,
English Language Arts 12,
English 12 First Peoples (EFP)


Biology 12

Calculus AB

Pre-calculus 12

Calculus BC

Pre-calculus 12


Chemistry 12


French 12


German 12

European History,
United States History,
World History

History 12 or Geography 12

Italian Language & Culture

Italian 12

Japanese Language & Culture

Japanese 12

Physics 2 or Physics C

Physics 12


Spanish 12

Computer Science A,
Computer Science Principles,
Environmental Science,

Health Science 12

Grade conversions

5 = 96% 4 = 86% 3 = 80% 2 = 70% 1 = not accepted

      Please note:

  • Official AP examination results of 4 or 5 may also qualify for transfer credit.


International Baccalaureate (IB)
Grade Conversion Scale and Course Equivalents

High school course equivalents 

IB Courses

British Columbia Courses

English (HL/SL)

English 12,
English Literature 12,
English 12 First Peoples (EFP)

Biology (HL/SL)

Biology 12

Chemistry (HL/SL)

Chemistry 12

French A or B

French 12

German A or B

German 12

History (HL/SL),
History of Europe and the Islamic World (HL),
Social, Cultural Anthropology (HL/SL)

History 12 or Geography 12

Mathematics (HL/SL),
Further Mathematics (SL)

Pre-Calculus 12

Math Studies

Pre-Calculus 12

Physics (HL/SL)

Physics 12

Computer Science (HL/SL),
Design Technology (HL/SL),
Environmental Systems

Health Science 12

Grade conversions

7 = 98% 6 = 90% 5 = 86% 4 = 77% 3 = 70%

      Please note

  • Students need to request for official transcripts from IB.
  • Official IB examination results with a minimum grade of a 4 may also qualify for transfer credit.
  • Grade of 2 and 1 are considered fails.
  • Courses with exam grades of 3 or less will not be eligible for credit or advance standing.


K-12 New Course Name Changes

 Effective Date: September 1, 2019

Existing Course Name

New Curriculum Course Name

English 10

Composition 10
Creative Writing 10
Literary Studies 10
New Media 10
Spoken Language 10

English 11

Composition 11
Creative Writing 11
Literary Studies 11
New Media 11
Spoken Language 11

English 12

English Studies 12
Composition 12
Creative Writing 12

English Literature 12

Literary Studies 12
New Media 12
Spoken Language 12

English First Peoples 10

EFP Writing 10
EFP Literary Studies 10
EFP New Media 10
EFP Spoken Language 10

English First Peoples 11

EFP Literary Studies and Writing 11
EFP Literary Studies and New Media 11
EFP Literary Studies and Spoken Language 11

Biology 11

Life Sciences 11

Biology 12

Anatomy and Physiology 12

Apprenticeship and Workplace Mathematics 10

Workplace Mathematics 10

Apprenticeship and Workplace Mathematics 11

Workplace Mathematics 11

Apprenticeship and Workplace Mathematics 12

Apprenticeship Mathematics 12


Out of Province Grade 12 Equivalency Chart

Check Grade 12 equivalency for courses taken in other Canadian provinces

Some programs have specific non-academic admission requirements in addition to the general and academic admission requirements. Non-academic admissions requirements include Criminal Record Checks, CPR, TB screening, immunizations, auditions, and portfolios.

Applicants should be aware of any non-academic requirements prior to entering a program. Be sure to review the requirements specific to your program.

Criminal Record Checks

How to complete and submit your Criminal Record Check to VCC:

Important information about Criminal Record Checks:

In accordance with the Criminal Records Review Act, a Criminal Record Check (CRC) must be completed for all individuals who work with vulnerable adults and/or children. CRC’s are completed through the Ministry of Justice, and applicants are responsible for any costs incurred to complete the CRC. The Ministry of Justice sends completed Criminal Record Check results directly to the Registrar’s Office.

Applicants should be aware that some programs have practicum placements that require completion of a Criminal Record Check.  If you are found to present a risk to vulnerable populations by the Ministry of Justice, you will not be permitted to enter the practicum. If the practicum is required for your program, this means that you will not be able to complete the program and will not graduate. Therefore, you should consider this requirement carefully before applying to, or continuing in, the program.

Any student who is charged with or convicted of a criminal offence subsequent to a Criminal Record Check must immediately inform the Department Leader and the Registrar’s Office.

TB Screening

Within six (6) months of the start of the program, students must submit a negative TB skin test. If the TB skin test is positive, a negative TB chest x-ray is required.

Students should be aware that clinical facilities may decline a practicum placement if proof of negative TB screening is not completed.

Completed TB tests are submitted to the Registrar’s Office.

CPR and Standard First Aid

The requirements for CPR certification and/or Standard First Aid training are specific to each program. To ensure that you meet this requirement, please review your program page.

Students should be aware that current CPR and/or Standard First Aid status is required for all clinical and practicum placements.


Some programs require the completion of an immunization record. The completed form must be submitted to the department on the first day of classes.

Applicants should be aware that some programs have practicum placements that require specific immunizations.  If the practicum is required for your program, failure to meet the immunization requirements could mean that you will not be able to complete the program and will not graduate. Therefore, you should consider this requirement carefully before applying to, or continuing in, the program.  

Students should be aware that clinical facilities may decline a practicum placement if a student is unable to provide proof of immunizations or satisfactory serum titers.

Immunizations in the following are strongly recommended and in some cases may be required for practicum placement:    

  • Diphtheria/Tetanus
  • Pertussis
  • Poliomyelitis (Polio)
  • Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR)
  • Varicella (Chicken Pox)
  • Influenza (required on an annual basis)
  • Hepatitis B series 

N95 Respiratory Mask

Regulations stipulate that a properly fitted respiratory mask must be used when providing care to patients with suspected, known, or probable cases of acute respiratory infections.

The respiratory mask must be an N95 respirator that is individually fitted by a trained provider, following CSA guidelines. This individual mask fitting should be done just prior to beginning your program. Mask fitting must be done annually. Students are responsible for the cost of the mask fitting.

An original certificate must be presented to the department on the first day of classes.

Other Non-academic Admission Requirements

There may be other non-academic admission requirements for your program. These may include auditions, portfolios, letters of intent, work or volunteer history, or others. Check the requirements specific to your program.

All academic credentials, transcripts and test scores submitted to the college must be official.

If transcripts are written in a language other than English, an official copy of an authorized English translation must be submitted in addition to the original transcript. Translations must be literal, complete versions of original records, and the documents must be translated by a recognized translation service such as MOSAIC (Multilingual Orientation Service Association for Immigrant Communities). Further information about certified translations can be accessed through the Society of Translators and Interpreters of British Columbia.

Transcripts issued in French from Canadian institutions do not need to be translated.

VCC retains all official documents which have been submitted to us in support of an application for admission or transfer credit. We do not return or photocopy these documents for students.

Transcripts must be submitted by email ( or by mail at either VCC campus. For more information about official documents please call 604.871.7000.

Mailing information: 

Broadway campus

Attn: Registrar's Office
Vancouver Community College
1155 E. Broadway
Vancouver, B.C.
V5T 4V5

Downtown campus

Attn: Registrar's Office
Vancouver Community College
250 W. Pender Vancouver, B.C.
V6B 1S9

Students with prior post-secondary education must officially request transfer credits through the Registrar's Office by completing a request for transfer credit form. Completed forms can be submitted to

Official transcripts are needed to process requests for transfer credit. Transcripts are considered official when:

  • Received by mail from the sending institution, in a sealed untampered envelope.
  • The transcript has the institutional seal, stamp or signature.

Students transferring between post-secondary institutions in B.C. may refer to the BC Transfer Guide to find program transfer credits or BC Articulation Handbook for entrance requirement equivalencies.

Students with transcripts from outside of Canada require an ICES Comprehesive evaluation.  Some programs require supplemental reports for transfer credits.

Please note, the Transfer Credit process is not required to meet VCC Program Admissions Requirements, however, Official Transcripts for studies not completed at VCC will be required by Admissions to assess Program Admissions Requirements.

For more information, please email

Please bring your VCC registration papers and a piece of valid photo ID. VCC student cards are free and available from Photo ID Services at the Registrar's Office. Replacement cards are available at a cost of $20.

Returning students must update their information using myVCC. Use your student ID number to log in. If you experience problems, you can use the online reset form to reset your password or call 604.871.7000 option 3. Students are encouraged to keep this information current.

Transcript request 

A transcript is a record of academic achievement for studies undertaken at an institution. Students may request official transcripts as follows: 

  • Online - Transcripts are only available online for students who graduated in the year 2000 or after.
  • In person – speak with someone at the Registrar’s Office.
  • Mail – send an official transcript request including payment and signature to the Registrar's Office.
  • Fax – send official transcript request to 604.443.8450. Payment and signature must be included.

Payment at the time of request is required for all methods. VCC accepts VISA, Mastercard, and American Express. 

The following information is required:

  • Student number (students who are unsure of their student ID number should include their birth date)
  • Student name or name of registration (maiden name if applicable)
  • Current address and telephone number (required in the event we need to contact you with further questions)
  • The number of transcripts required (cost is $5 + GST each) 
  • Rush service is available (cost is $25 + $5 for each copy + GST).  Available in person only

Transcripts can be: 

  • Mailed to your choice of destination.  Request must include complete mailing address including postal code.
  • Picked up at the requested campus. Picture ID will be requested in order to release the transcripts. If someone other than the student is picking up the transcript, the student's signature and authorization is required with the name of the person picking up the transcript. 

Note: Transcript requests take one week or longer to process.

Withdrawal deadlines have been extended for those currently taking classes. Students can withdraw up to the final day of class and receive a grade of 'W' for their course.

Base programs

VCC students requesting a withdrawal can either submit the Course Drop/Add and Program Withdrawal form (PDF) or e-mail the Registrar’s Office at Please provide your name, student ID number, and the name of the course or program you wish to withdraw from.

Continuing Studies programs

For Continuing Studies course withdrawal, please complete and submit the Course Drop/Add and Program Withdrawal (PDF) and forward it to the Continuing Studies Registrar’s Office at

Please note that withdrawing from a VCC course does not mean that tuition fees are refunded. Students who withdraw must appeal for any refund in excess of the college’s normal refund policy and demonstrate why their discontinuation is exclusive to COVID-19 factors and not learning preference.

Document request 

Requests for documents such as verification of enrolment, convocation letter for visa requests, and additional credentials can be made by completing the SR Document request form‌ and submitting it as follows:

  • E-mail – email to
  • In person - at the Registrar's Office
  • Mail – send the form including payment and signature to the Registrar's Office
  • Fax – send official document request to 604.443.8450 (Downtown campus) or 604.871.7458 (Broadway campus). Payment and signature must be included.

Locations, hours, and contact information

Broadway campus

Level 4, building A

Hours of operation:
Monday, Tuesday and Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.


Downtown campus

Level 1, near Pender Street entrance

Hours of operation:

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.


Contact us:

Admissions and records inquires: 604.871.7000, option 4
Or toll free from anywhere in Canada or the U.S.: 1.866.565.7820