Foundations in ECCE (ECCE 1301)
This course provides an overview and introduction to the theories and practices of early childhood care and education profession. Key themes include:
- types and terminology of child care services
- the structure and organization of child care in BC
- historical figures and their contributions to the profession
- current research, trends and issues; the sociology of Canadian families
- the role of the early childhood educator and an orientation to philosophy
- goals and objectives of quality early childhood programs.
- included in this course is Integrated Program Planning I which provides students an opportunity for to be “Active Observers” in a childcare centre.
This course also introduces three frameworks that are fundamental to ensuring an integrated approach to planning programs for young children.
To register for this course, check the information for your program:
* All course/program information including course/program content, length, prerequisites, start/end dates, postponements and/or cancellation is subject to change without notice.
* Published fees for Continuing Studies programs and courses include GST (if applicable) as well as a College Initiative Fee, which varies depending on the individual course. Student Union Fees
will be assessed at time of registration. Please note: fees displayed on the web do not include Student Union Fees.
* Refund Policy
and Refund Procedure