Family Child Care: Good Beginnings
Caring for a small group of children in your own home is a rewarding experience and meets a critical need for quality child care. Offered in partnership with BC Family Child Care Association, the 36 hour "Good Beginnings" course provides potential and current family child care providers with the attitudes, knowledge and skills to ensure a high quality experience for young children and their families.
Offered each fall and spring term, this course runs for ten evenings and one Saturday. While classroom attendance is recommended for Lower Mainland residents, a self-paced correspondence course is also offered for home study from September through June each year. Correspondence course fees include all materials and tutor support by telephone and/or e-mail.
For further information, contact Program Assistant at 604.443.8428
Read information on the following topics:
Program DescriptionRequired Courses:
- Good Beginnings (ECCE 1202)
VCC welcomes applications from Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
As Vancouver Community College is a post-secondary institution committed to educating adult learners, applicants should be 18 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school.
- Comfortable and confident in writing, reading and speaking English at Gr 10 level or equivalent.
- Possess the physical health, stamina, emotional maturity and social ability to meet the demands of working with young children.
- Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada
- 19 years of age or older.
Register for Courses in this Program
Program Coordinator: Etovre Vese, 604.871.7000, ext. 8660, firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Assistant: Jennifer Adachi, 604.871.7000, ext. 8635, email@example.com
|Class Full/In Progress|
|Good Beginnings||ECCE 1202||required|
* All course/program information including course/program content, length, admission requirements, prerequisites, start/end dates, postponements and/or cancellation is subject to change without notice.
* Published fees for Continuing Studies programs and courses include HST (if applicable) as well as a College Initiative Fee, which varies depending on the individual course. Student Union Fees will be assessed at time of registration. Please note: fees displayed on the web do not include Student Union Fees.
* All international students pay international tuition fees. For more information, please contact VCC's international education office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.443.8600.