Renal Dialysis Technician Certificate
This intensive certificate program runs 7 ½ weeks, combining theory and clinical practice. Renal dialysis technicians work as part of the healthcare team, providing quality care to patients undergoing hemodialysis in acute care centres or community clinics by managing the operation, maintenance and quality control of the equipment used.
The 2013 Renal Dialysis Technician program is currently full. The current wait list is approximately 18-24 months.
Please click on the following link for the information guide:
Read information on the following topics:
Program DescriptionRequired Courses:
- Interpersonal/Commun - Health (MSKL 1104)
- Medical Terminology 1 (OACP 1108)
- Renal Technician (RENL 1102) (course offered in upcoming terms)
VCC welcomes applications from Canadian citizens, permanent residents and international students.International students
VCC welcomes international students from around the world to the college's academic or career programs.
To learn more about the English-language requirements for your program of interest, please contact VCC International; to learn more about how to apply, please see the VCC International website.
All international students pay international tuition fees. For more information, please contact VCC's international education office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.443.8600.
We look forward to meeting you.
As Vancouver Community College is a post-secondary institution committed to educating adult learners, applicants should be 18 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school.
1. Minimum Grade 12 or higher education or ICES - Basic Evaluation for educational documents from outside of Canada and USA. For an evaluation application and current fee information, email ICES or call 604.432.8800.
2. Proof of English Language Proficiency – ABE (Adult Basic Education) or CLBPT (Canadian Language Benchmark Placement Test). Scores are valid for one year.
3. Medical Terminology 1 (OACP 1108) within five years of application date.
4. Interpersonal Communication Skills - Health (MSKL 1104).
5. 1 semester of Post-Secondary (university level) science ‘C’ grade or better within five years of application date.
6. A VCC specific Criminal Records Check through the Ministry of Justice within the last five years.
Upon acceptance into the program, within 3 months prior to start date, students must provide proof of current CPR, Diphtheria & Tetanus, Hepatitis B Series & 2-step Skin Test.
Apply to this Program
Upon successful completion of pre-requisites, please contact program assistant to apply. Waitlist is approximately 18 - 24 months. Program start dates are determined based on direction from the Hospital Advisory Committees.
Program Coordinator: Nathan Corbett, 604.871.7000, ext. 8674, email@example.com
Program Assistant: Rebeccah Bennett, 604.871.7000, ext. 8672
|Class Full/In Progress|
|Interpersonal/Commun - Health||MSKL 1104||required|
|Medical Terminology 1||OACP 1108||required|
* All course/program information including course/program content, length, admission requirements, prerequisites, start/end dates, postponements and/or cancellation is subject to change without notice.
* Published fees for Continuing Studies programs and courses include HST (if applicable) as well as a College Initiative Fee, which varies depending on the individual course. Student Union Fees will be assessed at time of registration. Please note: fees displayed on the web do not include Student Union Fees.
* All international students pay international tuition fees. For more information, please contact VCC's international education office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.443.8600.