Provincial Instructor Diploma
This program (PIDP) provides participants an excellent opportunity to develop and refine their skills, concepts, and best practices to become an adult educator. VCC serves a diverse community of current and future adult educators by providing relevant courses that prepare them for entry into employment, career advancement, higher-level education, or participation in the formal and non-formal adult education community. Adult educators will build knowledge and skills to design, develop, manage and evaluate the instruction of adults in post-secondary education, business, industry and non-traditional adult learning environments. The program also provides instructors with an accredited development program leading to diplomas and degrees at VCC and other institutions.
Find out more about this program:
- Program Description
- Career Prospects
- Admission Requirements
- Program Status
- Apply to this Program
- Fees and Other Costs
- Additional Information
- Check Course Schedule
VCC manages this program on behalf of the Ministry of Advanced Education. The diploma program is recognized by public and private colleges and institutes. Courses are offered online throughout British Columbia, Alberta and online.
The program places a priority on developing the practical abilities to fulfill the role and responsibilities of adult educators. It also emphasizes the development of personal attributes needed to assume the duties of a professional educator. The program stresses classroom leadership and facilitation, as well as motivational skills and human relations skills.
The program embodies the following core values, which guide our decision making and conduct:
- Strive for excellence as we design, deliver, and evaluate participant learning in each of our courses
- Strive to deliver a relevant, current, and practical program founded in current research and best practices
- Respect diversity and strive to be inclusive in all our activities
- Strive to model professionalism, fairness and ethical behaviour with students, staff and colleagues
The 30-hour courses are offered in several formats:
- Classroom, Monday to Friday, daytime
- Classroom, two weekends
- Classroom, evenings, five weeks
- Online, eight week blocks
- Hybrid, online and one weekend
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates are awarded a provincial instructor diploma.
VCC welcomes applications from Canadian citizens, permanent residents and international students.International students
VCC welcomes international students from around the world to the college's academic or career programs.
To learn more about language requirements for your program of interest, please read our English-language requirements guide; to learn more about how to apply, please see the VCC International website.
All international students pay international tuition fees. For more information, please contact VCC's international education office at email@example.com or 604.443.8600.
We look forward to meeting you.
As Vancouver Community College is a post-secondary institution committed to educating adult learners, applicants should be 18 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school.
Please note that you must submit official transcripts and educational documents to support your application; unfortunately, we cannot accept photocopies or fax versions.
- A letter of introduction outlining completed education and/or training, teaching experience, and career goals upon completion of program. Transcripts and/or photocopies of credentials (degree, certificate, diploma, trade tickets, relevant documents indicating on-the-job experience) are appreciated and can be attached.
- Grade 11 English, Grade 12 communication or equivalent.
VCC is accepting applications from international students.
Apply to this Program
After you apply, you can check your to see if all of the requirements have been met or to update contact information. Please use the temporary login ID and Personal Identification Number (PIN) that you used to complete your original online application.
Fees and Other Costs
International Tuition Fees
- All international students pay international tuition fees. For more information, please contact VCC's international education office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.443.8600.
For further information contact the School of Instructor Education at 604.871.7000, ext. 7488 (Broadway campus) or 604.871.7000, ext. 7499 (Downtown campus) or visit the department website.
|Course Name||Outline||Course Code||Credits|
|Capstone Project||PIDP 3270||2.0|
|Curriculum Development||PIDP 3210||3.0|
|Delivery of Instruction||PIDP 3220||3.0|
|Evaluation of Learning||PIDP 3230||3.0|
|Facilitating Learning 1 (option for PIDP 3250)||PIDP 3280||3.0|
|Facilitating Learning II (option for PIDP 3260)||PIDP 3290||3.0|
|Foundations of Adult Education||PIDP 3100||3.0|
|Instructional Strategies||PIDP 3250||3.0|
|Media Enhanced Learning||PIDP 3240||3.0|
|Professional Practice||PIDP 3260||3.0|