University Transfer Science Certificate
Explore your options and demonstrate success at the first-year university level. This certificate will prepare students for university study or other post-secondary programs of their choice. Part-time students have three years to complete the required credits.
Find out more about this program:
- Program Description
- Career Prospects
- Admission Requirements
- Program Status
- Apply to this Program
- Fees and Other Costs
- Additional Information
- Check Course Schedule
To earn a certificate, students must successfully complete a minimum of 30.0 credits of first-year university transfer courses as per the British Columbia Council on Admission and Transfer Guide (BCCAT).
Credit distribution in the following subjects is required:
English (minimum 6 credits): ENGL 1127 and ENGL 1229 or ENGL 1101 and ENGL 1001 and ENGL 1102 and ENGL 1002
Calculus (minimum 6 credits): MATH 1100 and MATH 1200
Physics (minimum 6 credits): PHYS 1100 and PHYS 1200
Science electives (minimum 12 credits): BIOL 1100 and BIOL 1200 or CHEM 1121 and CHEM 1223 or BIOL 1120 and BIOL 1220
VCC welcomes applications from Canadian citizens, permanent residents and international students.International students
VCC welcomes international students from around the world to the college's academic or career programs.
To learn more about language requirements for your program of interest, please read our English-language requirements guide; to learn more about how to apply, please see the VCC International website.
All international students pay international tuition fees. For more information, please contact VCC's international education office at email@example.com or 604.443.8600.
We look forward to meeting you.
As Vancouver Community College is a post-secondary institution committed to educating adult learners, applicants should be 18 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school.
Please note that you must submit official transcripts and educational documents to support your application; unfortunately, we cannot accept photocopies or fax versions.
All students must meet general college entrance requirements.
- Grade 12 graduation, GED or equivalent.
- English 12 with a C+ grade or greater or VCC 0981 and 0991 with a C+ grade or greater or successful completion of VCC 098 and 099 with a C+ grade or greater in Writing 0995. Please check for individual course prerequisites or co-requisites.
For students who do not have English 12 with a C+ grade, the following are recognized equivalencies:
- VCC English 1101 or 1127 or equivalent.
- Language Proficiency Exam (LPI) written within last two years, with a 4 score overall, 5 score minimum in English usage and a minimum score of 26 in composition. For admission to most courses, you need a score of at least 26 on the essay section of the test (24 score for admission to English 1101). If you have a score of 24 or 25 on this section, you must take University Prep Writing Skills 0902 or Writing Skills 0926 and English 1127 concurrently.
- VCC English Language Assessment (ELA) written within the last 12 months, with a score of 145 overall and a minimum score of 16/20 on the essay portion of the composition section.
- Langara English Test (LET) written within last two years with a 4 score overall.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) written within the last 12 months. Academic version with a minimum 6.5 score overall and no score less than 6.0.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) written within the last 12 months with a score of 82 overall on the Internet-based test and minimum scores of 21 in reading and listening and minimum scores of 20 in writing and speaking.
VCC is accepting applications from international students.
Apply to this Program
Notification Alert: System Maintenance
Due to scheduled maintenance, web student self-service, including online application and registration, will be unavailable starting on Monday, May 20 at 8:00 PM. Thank you for your patience.
If you would like an email notification after the system maintenance is complete, please fill out our contact form.
Please apply when the system maintenance is complete.
Fees and Other Costs
International Tuition Fees
- All international students pay international tuition fees. For more information, please contact VCC's international education office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.443.8600.
Students who do not meet the admissions requirements for entry into the program, or prerequisites for specific courses, have alternate options for admissions. VCC offers bridging programs for students requiring upgrading. Students can also complete an admissions review.
Contact advising at 604.443.8453 for further information.
View the mathematics education chart to decide what mathematics course you need to take.
|Course Name||Outline||Course Code||Credits|
|Biology 1||--||BIOL 1100||4.0|
|Biology 2||--||BIOL 1200||4.0|
|Calculus 1||--||MATH 1100||3.0|
|Calculus 2||--||MATH 1200||3.0|
|Chemistry 1||--||CHEM 1121||4.0|
|Chemistry 2||--||CHEM 1223||4.0|
|English (University Transfer)||--||ENGL 1101||3.0|
|English (University Transfer)||--||ENGL 1102||3.0|
|Human Anatomy and Physiology 1||--||BIOL 1120||4.0|
|Human Anatomy and Physiology 2||--||BIOL 1220||4.0|
|Integrated Language Support 1||--||ENGL 1001||3.0|
|Integrated Language Support 2||--||ENGL 1002||3.0|
|Physics 1||--||PHYS 1100||4.0|
|Physics 2||--||PHYS 1200||4.0|