A variety of assessments are offered to help place students into Vancouver Community College courses and programs. Assessments are not examinations, but a way to determine a person's current educational or language level. Assessment results may be used in a variety of ways:
- For entry into upgrading programs or
- For entry in to English as a Second Language (ESL) programs or
- As a specific prerequisite for college programs or
- As an alternative to school transcripts
Areas assessment include:
- Adult Basic Education (ABE) English
- English as a Second Language (ESL) English
- Mathematics (Basic Arithmetic, Basic Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Math Precalculus and Practical Nursing Mathematics)
Samples of the assessments are available at either of the Assessment Centre, or at the Counselling or Registrar's Offices at either campus.
Completion of VCC assessments does not guarantee admission into classes or programs at VCC. For more information, please visit the Assessments Department in person.
Room 4027 4th Floor, 1155 East Broadway, Vancouver, BC V5T 4V5
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Wednesday 1 - 7 p.m.
Friday CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC