Gemmology - Part Time and Accelerated Program
| INFO SESSIONS & TOURS
Sep 16, 2013
more information »
This professional program covers the scientific, aesthetic and historic aspects of gemmology. Become skilled with a wide range of gemmological equipment and learn to test and identify a variety of gemstones. Differentiate between natural and synthetic gemstones and recognize various treatments and enhancements. Study diamond grading, coloured stone grading and appraisal formats. The Canadian Gemmological Association certifies gemmologists after an extensive program of study leading to a final exam. This intensive, part-time, two-year program is enhanced with regular classroom attendance, considerable home study, weekly homework, and regular quizzes. Upon successful completion of a final exam, you will be certified as an internationally recognized gemmologist.
This part-time program begins each September. Application fee: $50.00. The Accelerated program is offered from May to August only.
Please note that the study of gemmology requires the use of refractive index fluid which contains a small amount of methylene iodide. You will be requested to wear protective gloves.
Read information on the following topics:
VCC welcomes applications from Canadian citizens, permanent residents and international students.
VCC welcomes international students from around the world to the college's academic or career programs.
To learn more about the English-language requirements for your program of interest, please contact
VCC International; to learn more about how to apply, please see the
VCC International website.
All international students pay international tuition fees. For more information, please contact VCC's international education office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.443.8600.
We look forward to meeting you.
As Vancouver Community College is a post-secondary institution committed to educating adult learners, applicants should be 18 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school.
1. Secondary school or equivalent (may be waived if students have work experience in jewellery or gemstones).
2. English language skills and comprehension.
Apply to this Program
Program Coordinator: Donna Hawrelko, 604.871.7000, ext. 8694
Program Assistant: Carol Agostini, 604.871.7000, ext. 8661
| Class Full/In Progress|
* All course/program information including course/program content, length, admission requirements, prerequisites, start/end dates, postponements and/or cancellation is subject to change without notice.
* Published fees for Continuing Studies programs and courses include HST (if applicable) as well as a College Initiative Fee, which varies depending on the individual course. Student Union Fees
will be assessed at time of registration. Please note: fees displayed on the web do not include Student Union Fees.
* All international students pay international tuition fees. For more information, please contact VCC's international education office at email@example.com